Watercolor Impressionism: Landscape This workshop will focus on the use of watercolor to paint exciting impressionistic paintings. You paint from photographs and will explore the use of light and shadow to
Watercolor Impressionism: Landscape
This workshop will focus on the use of watercolor to paint exciting impressionistic paintings. You paint from photographs and will explore the use of light and shadow to create interesting compositions and achieve dynamic results.
- We will examine the fundamentals of watercolor painting to assure that all students are familiar with the techniques. Daily discussions and application of the principles and elements of design will be woven into your painting experience.
- Each day you will engage in exercises that will solidify the content that you are working on and spend time viewing other artists work. We will discuss the methods and the impact that these artists achieve using their techniques.
- Michael will demonstrate his approach to creating landscapes and show you several high-speed video demonstrations.
- And you will have ample time to successfully complete your own paintings.
- Michael welcomes novice and advanced students and tailors the experience to individual needs.
From Herb Reed, past president of Southwestern Watercolor Society.
“For the past dozen years I have facilitated and/or participated in more than 20 watercolor workshops, as an officer of SWS and as a principal in a local gallery. Michael’s recent workshop was one of the top few that “really made a difference” in the way that I approach painting. Take it . . . you will learn about design and composition, techniques, and hints on taking reference photos — all for turning out terrific watercolor portraits.”
After a successful career in advertising design and creative leadership, Michael began focusing more seriously on his painting in 2011. He has quickly become a signature member of the National Watercolor Society, The Transparent Watercolor Society of America, The Southwestern Watercolor Society, The Society of Watercolor Artists, the Missouri Watercolor Society and The Outdoor Painters Society.
His work has received numerous awards, been published in the NorthLight Books issues of Splash 16, 17, 18 and 19 and been recognized by being selected three times to the Fabriano (Italy) Watermedia Exhibition and in the World Watercolor Competition in Taiwan where Michael was juried into the top 30 artists in the show. He has been selected to the faculty for the 2018 Plein Air Convention and Expo in Santa Fe NM.
Although Michael has been painting most of his life, his work experience spans a wide range of creativity, from high school art teacher, advertising creative director and businessman. Michael has owned and operated two galleries. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Art Education and an MA in Visual Communication.
His wide range of experience influences his approach to his exciting and popular workshops which he holds throughout the US.
Spaces for this workshop are $300. Feel free to pay a deposit and remainder later or pay in full.
Price $100.00 – $300.00Order Now
october 18 (Thursday) - 20 (Saturday)
215 E. Tyler Street