Write for the LMFA Magazine!
LMFA welcomes unsolicited original submissions from the community. We do not accept pitches, only completed articles. Articles should be 500 to 1,000 words in length. Authors will be contacted only if their article is accepted. LMFA does not provide compensation for articles.
As an East Texas art museum magazine, Perspective covers a wide range of topics from multiple viewpoints. We especially welcome submissions from LMFA members, art and architecture historians, visual arts collectors, as well as young artists and art enthusiasts.
We generally print articles associated with the following themes:
- Behind the Art: Fascinating stories about the people, places, or life experiences that shaped a piece of art
- Texas Art & Culture: All about historically relevant and culturally significant Texas art and architecture
- Community Connection: Ways art has fostered community and strengthened social bonds in your life
- Creative Economy: How art and culture has become a $6 billion industry in Texas
- The (R)evolution: Changes coming for the arts from mediums and styles, to collectors and audiences
We prefer pieces that are engaging, jargon-free, and aimed at educating all members of the East Texas community.
The magazine is published twice a year in the spring and fall. Deadlines for submission:
- Spring Issue: January 15
- Fall Issue: July 15
Submissions should follow the Chicago Manual of Style, sixteenth edition. If notes are necessary, please use endnotes rather than footnotes but it is best to include all content in the main article.
Images should be at least 300 dpi (dots per inch) in JPEG format. Article submissions with images are preferred.
Please send submissions to email@example.com.